just having fun (**_) (5 years and 1661 days ago)
1. select and place the head of the boy in a background w/ a black and white gradient color....clone the mouth away.
2. desaturate the head and make a sepia tone.
3. color both side of the poster white/black accordingly and the lower left dark blue.
4. use a soft brush around the face, white on the left and black on the right side, to have a fade effect.
5. add a film grain filter
6. use dodge on the left side of the face to remove film grain and lighten face.
7. use burn tool on the right face to darken.
8. select and put the moth on mouth. make new layer and color the mouth then set them to 'linear burn'.
9. put skull on moth and place text. (5 years and 1665 days ago)
Noob at work. (very first entry)
I started with colour images, desaturated, layered, blended, used black and white filter and hit undo so often I am not sure what i did in the end.
Had trouble interpreting the required concept so came up with my own. (5 years and 1663 days ago)
I am not totaly sure if I got the meaning of the contest, but I think it was to make a movieposter or scene kind of, that would be voted as the worst of the year on an academy award.
So I figured - what have we seen over and over again, and does not ever get better...
Hope I didn´t cross any copyrightlines when I wrote the titel of the movie.
Thank you "Binababy12" at stock.xchng for the source 2-pic. (5 years and 1666 days ago)