If you ever had one, you will know what it feels like. (2 years and 148 days ago)
I also used some metal texture brushes from https://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/57221-free-metal-photoshop-brushes. Wood source, filtered with radial blur and used as an overlay under the spark layers. https://pixabay.com/en/oak-tree-slice-old-round-nature-18557/ (2 years and 149 days ago)
1. Prepared all the images i used by cutting out only the parts i need.
2. Created the a semi realistic explosion using a Tutvid tutorial as a guide line (source url 4).
3. Arranged all the elements in there end size and position.
4. Added shadows and motion bluer to the platoon and the explosion victims by using copies of the layers.
5. Used adjustment layers (Hue/Saturation, Levels, Exposure) to blend the segments together.
6. Added Orange - transparent - orange & rendered some clouds ( all to about 18-25% opacity) to make the image look a bit more realistic.
Thank you all at sxc.hu for providing grate stock images
Edit: Added SBS Guide. Hope you like it.
Edit2: Decided to redo explosion
Please comment. I like to see what you think. Good or Bad, I like to hear it all :) (5 years and 1345 days ago)