As the source image is not very clear, I focused on one portion of the chicken that looked bit better to me and selected it.
From that selection only I have created different shapes for my lion's hair. I used a lot of warping, resizing, flipping, rotating, masking in order to create diversity and blend them as good as possible.
I added sky backround, light beams, flattened image and added a lot of adjustment layers: gradients, brightness/contrast and two types of filters that I have never used before but which proved themselves to be very efficient for the overall effect I was looking for: under Artistic/ Sponge and Watercolor.
Hope you like it!
SBS on the way for more details! (5 years and 3007 days ago)