Pxl Beer - 3D Contest [9 entries]

Head for the mountains Picture

Winning entry, with a score of:
61.9%
Contest goal:

In this contest, you will be tasked with the challenge of creating a scene for a local beer company by the name of PXLBEER. You design the logo, you design the scene. The rules of this contest are as follows: You must have a beer bottle and or glass filled with PXLBEER, you must have a PXLBEER logo imprinted on at least one object in the scene and, most importantly, you must satisfy the PXLBEER heads! Good luck!


Status: finished. Check out the winners below!
Suggested by: secretsather

mircea: Awesome ( 5 years and 1033 days ago )

Howdie stranger!
If you want to participate in this contest, just:

LOGIN HERE or REGISTER FOR FREE


Head for the mountains - created by secretsather


Head for the mountains
Favs: 5SBS: 8Hi-resRank: 1/9Score: 61.9% (35)11707 views

I didn't think condensation would be so hard. 2% of the time it took to create this was modeling it, the other 98% was trying to get it to look right. (5 years and 1027 days ago)

1 Source:


Only one left - created by Missy


Only one left
Favs: 2SBS: 5Hi-resRank: 2/9Score: 58.7% (30)6829 views

Credit to ZaNuDa from SXC for the frost texture.

I have to say I hated and enjoyed this one. It's taken me days to figure out caustics HDRI(which I didn't end up using) and condensation. I'm having a drink now :-) (5 years and 1019 days ago)

4 Sources:


Mostly Beer - created by mircea


Mostly Beer
Favs: 2SBS: 7Hi-resRank: 3/9Score: 57.2% (25)6405 views

Maya, rendered in Mental Ray (5 years and 1023 days ago)

1 Source:


Pub Favorite - created by UPGRADE


Pub Favorite
Favs: 0SBS: 8Hi-resRank: 4/9Score: 56.3% (20)6995 views

WOW! I THOUGHT THIS WAS A 3D CONTEST. MY ENTRY WAS DELEATED FOR NOT HAVING PHOTOSHOP STEPS IN THE SBS.I DONT THINK THATS FAIR B/C I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE WIN CONTESTS WITH OTHER PEOPLES ART IN THEIR ENTRYBUT HERE U GO. (5 years and 1020 days ago)

1 Source:


Dollar Beer Night at Monty's - created by lchappell


Dollar Beer Night at Montys
Favs: 0SBS: 8Hi-resRank: 5/9Score: 56% (15)8024 views

Studio Max Mental Ray and CS5. These tutorials were helpful:
http://www.pxleyes.com/ext-tutorial/3ds-max/14908/Six-Ways-to-Create-Condensation.html

http://www.pxleyes.com/ext-tutorial/3ds-max/5235/Making-of-3d-Virtual-Beer.html (5 years and 1020 days ago)

1 Source: