Since I knew that I would need to reposition the hand, I copy/pasted the wall and flipped it. I then transformed it so that it matched the other side.
step 3 of 12
Using the clone tool, I cloned out the rest of his hand and the cigarette.
step 4 of 12
Using the pen tool, I cut out the camel's head (source contest) and placed it using free transform.
step 5 of 12
Using smudge and the brush, I created the missing fur to make it look more realistic.
step 6 of 12
I drew some shading under the hat. This was done over three layers at different opacity to gradually fade it in.
step 7 of 12
I cut out the original hand and enlarged it. I plaved it in front of the camel's mouth.
step 8 of 12
This was the hardest part of the image. I needed to recreate the sleeve and wrist. Some was done by copy/pasting parts, others was with cloning and some parts were simply hand drawn.
step 9 of 12
I added fur from the camel's face to the hand. I recreated the top finger which was missing and copy/pasted one of the nails. This was transformed and fitted into position. Using a layer mask I revealed all the nails. This layer was set to overlay.
step 10 of 12
By using some color adjustments, I match the camel's head to the hand.
step 11 of 12
I added smoke using smoke brushes.
step 12 of 12
I sharpened the image and played with some layer adjustments to get the final result.