1. Import the original picture into photoshop.
Make an selection in the top of the image where is no buildings (the sky).
Using the background eraser tool erase a small part to see the transparent background, then press delete button to erase entire selection you have made.
step 2 of 18
Now create a new layer and fill it with black.
Then go to the filter menu->noise->add noise-> select gauusian and monochromatic
After that, check that your black layer with noise is selected and go to the image menu->adjustments-> levels ....and decrease the luminosity....
step 3 of 18
Create another black layer and do the same thing you have done to the first one, but decrease a little bit more that you have done to the first one
step 4 of 18
After that check that your second black layer is selected and chose the BLEND MODE to Screen
step 5 of 18
1.Create another layer.
2.Check that the foreground colors is yellow and white.
3. Go to filter->render->clouds
5. Hit the CTRL+F(Windows) or Command+F(Mac) several times until you obtain your desired dark blue background.
step 6 of 18
After that hold the first layer and drag it, to the top of the layers list
step 7 of 18
1. After that check that your buildings layer is selected.
2. Image->Adjustments->Brightness/Contrast select the desired adjustments and hit ok button.
step 8 of 18
How to create the ringed planet?
Step 1: Creating the ring
First step to create the ring:
-Create a new photoshop transparent document File->New
-Then check your foreground colors is an darken orange(#d4ab09) and black.
-Select the Rectangle Tool and drag a square.
- Then go to FILTER->RENDER->CLOUDS...
- Then FILTER->RENDER->DIFFERENCE CLOUDS
- Hit CTRL+L a couple of times
- Then go to FILTER->DISTORT->TWIRL... and push the angle to 999
- Do the same thing two more times(3 Total )
step 9 of 18
Step 2 for creating the ring
Now select the Elliptical Marquee Tool and drag a circle inside the Square
step 10 of 18
Ring Step 3:
After you made the elliptical selection
Go to SELECT->INVERSE and hit delete button
step 11 of 18
Creating ring step 4:
After you've done that using the Elliptical Marquee Tool drag a circle inside your previous shape, and hit delete button
step 12 of 18
Creating the ring
- Now hit CTRL+A to select entire layer
EDIT->TRANSFORM->and ROTATE 180 degrees
- After that Hit CTRL+T and Transform your ring shape, make it tilt and longer, like mine.
step 13 of 18
Creating the planet:
- Create a new document FILE->NEW
- Select the Elliptical Marquee Tool and holding SHIFT drag a circle.
- Switch your foreground color to Black and (#d4ab09).
- Hit ALT+Delete button to fill it with black.
- Now switch back the foreground colors to (#d4ab09) and black.
- Create another layer and hit ALT+Delete to fill the shape with the dark orange color (#d4ab09).
- Now select your eraser tool (use the soft round brush, size depends of your circle...use almost a half of circle diameter, opacity 85%, flow 50%,)
- Now erase a half of the circle shape.
step 14 of 18
After you've done that
Go to FILTER->RENDER
and make the settings as you see in the picture below
step 15 of 18
Creating the atmosphere:
-Hit double click on the first layer image
- Select the setting like i had
step 16 of 18
Now merge the layers
-Hold CTRL and click on the text of the layer2
- After that hit CTRL+E to merge them.
- It will appear like a single layer....LAYER2
- Hit CTRL+D
step 17 of 18
Now go back to your ring document
- Hit CTRL+A
- then CTRL+C,
- go back to your planet document and hit CTRL+V to paste the ring on the planet
- Hit CTRL+T to transform as you wish
- Make a selection of the part of the ring you don't want to bee seen, using the Polygonal Lasso Tool as you see in the image above and hit delete.
step 18 of 18
Merge the layers as I had told you before, do the same thing to the other one photoshop document were you gonna paste the planer.
Now you are able to copy and paste the RINGED PLANET into another document....there you can also resize the planet using CTRL+T.....
The shadow on the ring you can make creating a selection and painting with black using paint brush