3d Programs

Useful 3D resources.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:05 pm
All I ever see on here is MAx and zbrush users. Is that the only program allowed in 3d contests? I would like to try some , but I only use free or cheaper programs. They arent as good I know, but you can make some nice things with them and I wont have to sell my house to buy them :lol:

:) Just asking!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:14 pm
Feel free to use the 3D program you like :-)
Just as long as you follow the 3D guidelines.

:mrgreen:
Members and mods are best friends Image

General info for (new) members
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:08 pm
Here's ya one SaEllisson, give it a shot it's free ;) http://www.blender.org/
Trust your captain .... but keep your seatbelt securely fastened.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:07 pm
Thanks :) I do use that as well as milkshape and wings. Ive finally figured out how to use the render programs. ive never had to render something straight from 3d before. Usually the game i was modding into handled that :) But it doesnt seem to hard, thanks for the responses!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:41 am
So, after a few days of complaining about not having good render stuff, my hubby tells me "hey I own 3ds. Here try it" So, im learning something new again. The thing I have had trouble with the most, if you can see from some of my entries, is the lighting and rendering. The 3d stuff looks better unrendered :lol:

Anyways, any tips from experts on this that can give me some help? Ive followed tutorials all over the place but I think I am missing something important.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:31 am
From what I have noticed many of the 3D programs like Houdini, Maya, 3DSM, Blender, Lightwave etc can produce great results. It really depends on your personal preference.

I use Maya myself and have stuck with it as it is the program I know how to use.

With tutorials I have found the ones put out by Digital Tutors - http://www.digitaltutors.com/11/index.php to be the most informative and useful. *For a beginner user anyway*

With getting software cheap - Blender as mentioned is good.
Otherwise if you know anyone who is a Student or a Teacher (they must have an educational email address) they can get a free legal copy of Maya or 3DSM. http://students.autodesk.com/
** The version they give you is a fully functional version - the only difference with the paid version is the student version pops up with a window at the start saying it is a student version **

Regards
Itgik

** If you have any questions about Maya feel free to MSG me.**

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:07 am
I believed that results doesn't depends on the software or program you use. It depends on your skill and ability to maximize the tool you have in creating best results.

Return to Links/Tips/Tutorials for 3D graphics programs