entry gone?

Talk about anything related to the contests.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:01 pm
Hello,

I submitted a entry to a contest but after 1 day its removed.
Is there any way to see why it's removed?

Do mods remove entry's without notifying?

Mx
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:22 pm
you should have gotten a message. when you go to the pxlpage and are logged in the on the right part you have your profile with some info. there is also a link that sais if u have any unread messages. thats the pm box on pixl n where the messages from the mods go. If not there then check your email because i think they go to ur email aswell.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:24 pm
Weird....I checked your history, but there's indeed no sign of warning or anything. That's what you'd normally get when an entry gets removed.
The only thing I can think of is that your entry got removed, because there was no author visible (would have been you in this case), so no one gets a warning either.
I'd say, try to submit again and to be sure (if I'm right about no author), when you log in make very sure that you check the option "remember me" so you stay online.
Good luck!

:mrgreen:
Members and mods are best friends Image

General info for (new) members

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:46 pm
Thnx for reply,

There are no new messages on the profile sidebar and no email received.

Im new on pxleyes and it was my first entry.
I probably overlooked something in the rules & guidelines. ( my english is not so good)

Mx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:25 pm
I had a couple of entries I had to remove because the author didn't show after voting. usually happens if your computer times out before uploading has finished, or perhaps if you try to go somewhere else while still uploading.
Do re-enter, and Good Luck
Vibeke
I would like to be an emerging talent! Instead of a submerging Dinosaur!!!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:35 am
wazowski wrote:The only thing I can think of is that your entry got removed, because there was no author visible (would have been you in this case), so no one gets a warning either.

I did remove an entry this week which did not show an author, so that could have been yours.
We have no clue who made those entries (the system does not show) so we can not warn you, otherwise we would.

Next time when you enter make sure (this really is important!) is to check the 'remember me' box when you log in. This keeps you logged in, sometimes it happens the system logs you out while you are uploading.
A trick for you to see if your entry uploaded with author name: look at your entry at the side box on the mainsite, does it give your name underneath your entry then you are OK. (This only shows for your own entries and the entries you voted on). If it doesn't: log out and log in again (with the checkbox checked) and reupload the entry, redflag both entries and tell why you uploaded it twice so we mods know why.
Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:20 pm
that depends on your settings wheter you see new uploaded entries or not Rob. I had for a long time that it was only showing me winning entries there untill i recently changed those settings. But you can always after uploading go to the contest and check it ..

Return to Contest Discussions/Questions