The worlds most expensive photograph

Post your funny links and stories here.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:12 am
For all you fellow photographers who despair at not achieving what you'd like, ere is a link to the worlds most expensive photograph. sold for $4.3mill

http://thedigitalvisual.com/worlds-most ... w.facebook

There is hope for us yet.\
Vibeke
I would like to be an emerging talent! Instead of a submerging Dinosaur!!!
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:08 pm
friiskiwi wrote:For all you fellow photographers who despair at not achieving what you'd like, ere is a link to the worlds most expensive photograph. sold for $4.3mill

http://thedigitalvisual.com/worlds-most ... w.facebook

There is hope for us yet.\
Vibeke

Hahahahahaha! Oh please! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:18 pm
lol less is more hey. :? :d It is lateral =))
It's a great life if you don't weaken

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:53 am
don't let the national gallery of Canada see that. they will pay double -- after all they paid 1.8 million in 1986 dollars for this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_of_Fire
Why is everything always in the last place you look?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:01 am
Amazing :roll:
I would like to be an emerging talent! Instead of a submerging Dinosaur!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:19 am
I always see stuff like this (both of them) and initially think it's a joke... but then I remember just how gullible a lot of people are and it makes me very sad. :((

"Remember what the Dormouse said..." Jefferson Airplane
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:14 pm
kyricom wrote:I always see stuff like this (both of them) and initially think it's a joke... but then I remember just how gullible a lot of people are and it makes me very sad. :((

What is the explanation of the seemingly insane drive of man to be painter and poet if it is not an act of defiance against man's fall and an assertion that he return to the Garden of Eden? For the artists are the first men. ”

— Barnett Newman (thanks wikipedia)

I had a class on Barnett Newman type work, what the Canadians bought was a piece of Artist History. He was kind of a father of the Abstract (NOT SURREALISM, that was Dali's stuff and the Hungarian art Movement) What do you think the value of the first Brick ever created would be worth? What do you think the value of the first arrowhead ever hued is worth? What would a historical museum pay for the first Flint Rock to make fire? (Okay the last one goes under discovery, but damn, I'd love to own that one)

If you ask me, the most stupid thing to buy or apply great value too is a diamond. Basically a chunk of pencil lead that the earth sat on for a zillion years and it got shiny. Or gold.. oh look it's so shiny, I'll give you money. (an element is always what it is so value can be assigned $$$$$)

Art is created from the mind of a human being. It is free to be anything that human wishes and that in itself is magical. A crayon scribble on a piece of construction paper by a child is worth well over a Million Dollars by the Momma who was just told that her child may or may not have cerebral palsy.

The artists who sold these pieces paid their dues, worked in the industry. A basket ball player, who just happened to be born with length and form, gets 15 million for throwing a sphere through a hoop dressed in a web skirt. (don't get me wrong, sport people earn every cent, one cracked finger can end a career). Not so much if he was a construction worker. (They build buildings that house thousands of people and keep them alive in storms etc.. etc... sigh, to bad they didn't learn to dunk.) Great movie, called Breaking Away, a very fun middle America Movie... I'd rather be a Cutter (stone mason) then a College dude. Damn, I was a college dude.

Quote from the movie below...

Dad (who was a cutter in his youth): I was proud of my work. And the buildings went up. When they were finished the damnedest thing happened. It was like the buildings were too good for us. Nobody told us that. It just felt uncomfortable, that's all.

I know it's fun to poke fun at Super expensive Art. Hell, I'm still all twisted about "Bird In Space."(27 Million by the way) But before you toss these creations into the dumpster of your mind, remember that they did it and you didn't. They got the check and the history and will stay within the mark of time. You? Well no one will ever remember your work or your opinion until you pay the dues to deserve your place in history.

Remember, if you don't get into the history books, you don't exist. Money doesn't mean crap. Look at the guy who runs Facebook.. 28 years old and worth 19 BILLION, for creating a website to see who was screwing who on campus.. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Unfairness is every where, get used to it :)

Peace out :)
I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.
----------------------------------------------------------
ONI: I'm just about out of black ink
KRYPTON: Printer?
ONI: No, the type I disperse to run from predators.
~from QDB.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:33 am
Oh, my. :o I can't even get the gist of the photo. And as the most expensive photo, there are no photo signature on it is another surprise. :o What if others steal the photo?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:24 am
And now you should promote your bot. This provides an inside look at how things have changed over the years, and, of course, the ways you can get personally involved. Don’t let your fear of content marketing stop you from getting started. Use this blog https://www.owox.com/blog/use-cases/big ... ta-studio/ about bigquery data studio to simplify the subject matter.

Return to Fun Talk & Fun Links