Help from friends...

Post your images here to ask for help on improvements.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:11 am
I have an easy question about supporting the works.

At the 3d competition i have a work, which i think is much more realistic and well modelled, than the others, BUT the others got comments about how good and fine is their scene, and my work which is not the best in the world, but at that contest is highly the best, do not get any fav, or comments...

I just want to ask, that is legal to ask a friend to comment something or make my entry as favourite, so my work became at the top of the page?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:21 am
trialboj wrote:I just want to ask, that is legal to ask a friend to comment something or make my entry as favourite, so my work became at the top of the page?

Doing so can result in removal of your friends and your accounts. Entries need to be anonymous, asking friends to vote and / or fav your entry is a breach of this which will be noted by the mods. Even this post is against the anonymity rules but that goes for everything you might do to make your chances to win bigger like voting down the other entries as well.

This is a contest site and therefor the contests are NOT here to attract visitors like other sites who every now and then run a contest. Those sites allow you as a contestant to Twitter your entries, post them on Facebook and use other social media because the goal of their contests are to get new visitors, this does not go for PXL. That's why we also do not have the social share buttons at entries.

http://www.pxleyes.com/guidelines/
2.3.: If you have family or friends in a contest, it's best not to vote on their entries.

2.4.: If someone asks you to vote on specific entries to increase his/her chances to win, don't vote on these entries or make up your own mind about them; 'friendly voting' is strongly discouraged.

2.5.: Don't tell anyone which entry is yours. This might influence this persons vote behavior.

The amount of votes, comments and favs others get is not important to win, it is the end score which does. I know we always think our entry is the best in the contest, this comes because we are still to much attached to it emotionally. The more time you spend on it the more attached you are. It will take some weeks / months of not looking at your entry before you can judge your own entry fairly and compare it with the other entries...
Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity.

Return to 3D Help Corner