Question about prebuilt models.

Post your images here to ask for help on improvements.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:20 pm
In the 3d guidelines, it states that pre built models can be used as long as it is not the main subject.

Does this mean, pre built models from the modelling program itself? Or does this also include models created by others?

I have found a model for free use, as long as its not sold commercially as is (as with most stock photo free use licenses. Its pretty much the same deal - no re sale.).

Thanks to anyone who can clarify!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:17 pm
SaEllisson wrote:In the 3d guidelines, it states that pre built models can be used as long as it is not the main subject.

Does this mean, pre built models from the modelling program itself? Or does this also include models created by others?

I have found a model for free use, as long as its not sold commercially as is (as with most stock photo free use licenses. Its pretty much the same deal - no re sale.).

Thanks to anyone who can clarify!!

SaEllison, I am not a moderator but like the rule says , they can be used as long as they are not the main subject of the model. They have to also be offered as a creative commons source. Just don't try using one in the Photoshop contest's. ;-)
Trust your captain .... but keep your seatbelt securely fastened.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:07 pm
hehe, i promise! :d Thanks for answering!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:07 pm
Hi SaEllison
I think you also get more satisfaction if your create the model yourself as well :-)

Return to 3D Help Corner