PXL ON TOUR

News and announcements about pxleyes.com
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:38 am
wow looks cool!! :smile: :YMAPPLAUSE: :-H
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:48 pm
k5683 wrote:It looks awesome! Now we need to have a contest for a regular shirt for pxleyes so that we can buy them or win them by getting in 1st place :)

:-BD
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:32 pm
OK update on how things will be going:
1. we'll send the t-shirt from country to country.
This means we pick a random member to send it too, does this person live in the US it means that ALL members who participate in PXL ON TOUR who live in the US will be next (at random, and first those on list 1 (when that is complete, list 2 and so on)). After that we randomly pick another member and it goes on like that.
We decided to do this to save travelingtime and we can include more people in this journey in the end. Sending a package to for instance the US can take a while due to customs regulations, to avoid going through this loss of time over and over we feel it is better this way.
2. All participants must give a guess at the TOTAL traveling distance, the person who will be closest to the end distance will win the t-shirt.
Distances will be calculated with this site: http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-googl ... ulator.htm and you must post your guess in kilometers (not miles!)
Those guesses must be posted in this thread before Saturday October 1, 2011 (this is when the t-shirt gets send of). Of course the winner will only get the t-shirt if it doesn't get lost on the way. This also means mods are allowed to guess too, stakes are the same for everyone and no one knows the route on forehand, not even we!
All who participate will get a PM with this message.
Last edited by robvdn on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:45 pm
Well my guess is yer not in the states lol. I only thought Europe delt in kilos... Guess i gonna have to google that math. :)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:52 pm
MnMCarta wrote:Well my guess is yer not in the states lol. I only thought Europe delt in kilos... Guess i gonna have to google that math. :)

TIP: Go to the site mentioned above, enter some 15-20 places (where you think the shirt will go) worldwide and it will give you the total travel distance in kilometers. ;)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:16 pm
92518.333 km (more or less :ugeek: )
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:35 pm
33,000 nautical miles, 37975.82 statute miles or 61116 kilometers.
Trust your captain .... but keep your seatbelt securely fastened.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:38 pm
lchappell wrote:33,000 nautical miles, 37975.82 statute miles or 61116 kilometers.

Nice you made a guess Loyd but actually only those ppl who participate can make a valid guess. Maybe you want to be in? If so let me know and send me your address.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:57 pm
Perhaps I may participate, I doubt the shirt would fit unless it it is an American XXXL. At 198.12 cm and 111.3 kilo I need a LARGE size shirt. b-)
Trust your captain .... but keep your seatbelt securely fastened.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:19 pm
GREAT looking tee shirt!!

Can we have an update about the procedure? I apologize if this has been covered. If it has, please disregard my questions and point me to the right forum thread instead.

* What is the member to do exactly with the tee-shirt when it arrives?
* What is the length of time a member can possess the tee shirt before sending it on its way?
* How will the receiving member know to whom the tee should be sent next? (I am assuming that the tee starts from PXL to the first member on a list, then from that member to the next member, as opposed to from PXL to member, back to PXL, then sent back out to the next member??)
* Is postage paid by the member who sends the tee shirt? (I assume yes, but just checking!)
* Is there a special way to ship - insured or not? In a box or is a padded envelope OK? Should the same shipping container be used (if it's in good condition), or a new one? (I ask this one because it's one way to track the global travels...)
* If using a new container to ship each time, are there special instructions for preserving (and including in the package) the "history" of travel: for example, save the stamps, the labels, anything that preserves the track of the travel route, and put them in the box or envelope before shipping to the next person?
* Should we WASH the tee before sending it to the next person? :)

Thanks! This is very exciting.

Lucie / elemare
PreviousNext

Return to News And Announcements