Lost files

Talk about anything you want in here!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:37 pm
Dear Mods,
My hard drive crashed, so I lost all my photos and digital art work. I would like to download my own work from this site but I don't want the pxleyes watermark on it. Can the watermark be taken off my work at least temporarily please, just till I have saved it all again?
Thank you in advance.

Sincerely Angel.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:06 am
Just remove the watermark in photoshop or crop the image. I've had to do that a few times. Always back up your files.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:02 pm
skyangel wrote:Dear Mods,
My hard drive crashed, so I lost all my photos and digital art work. I would like to download my own work from this site but I don't want the pxleyes watermark on it. Can the watermark be taken off my work at least temporarily please, just till I have saved it all again?
Thank you in advance.

Sincerely Angel.

Hi Angel,

no this is not possible. There's a simple reason for it: the original image you (and others) upload to Pxl is copied with watermark into different sizes. (High res, thumbnail, single page size...) This is done to make a site runner smoother and faster and loading times lower. The original uploaded image is then removed. There's only copies with watermark left.
This is standard on (almost) all sites.

Like CMYK suggests you could download the high res versions and remove the watermark.

Another tip: always have your photos and so on backed up into a cloud like Google Photos https://photos.google.com/ or on Amazon. A USB stick, CD and DVD also works.

Don't throw your hard drive away yet! If you have a new one installed on your computer you still might access it when you install that drive as an extra drive.
Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:50 am
OK, Thanks guys.

Return to General Discussion