Get more past members back.

All suggestions to improve PXLEyes are welcome here.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:04 am
I suggest that Pxleyes send out a mass email to all members in the email database. In case they are not aware that the Photoshop and Photography contests are currently active.

I've noticed in the last few months that most Photoshop contests usually only have 4 or 5 contestants. Some who may make multiple entries. Also, usually only around 35 people are voting.

When Pxleyes "closed" around 5 years ago there were a large number of talented and creative active members. At that time I checked the forums for about 6 months to see if Pxleyes would re-open - finally, I moved on.

Four years later, I visited the site to find an effect I used on a SBS and was surprised that the Photoshop and Photography contests had resumed. If someone would have sent me an email that the contests were then active, I would have come back much sooner. It makes me wonder if there are others out there who would come back if they knew. We could use more talent and competition to improve the experience.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:30 pm
magicalfruittuts wrote:I suggest that Pxleyes send out a mass email to all members in the email database. In case they are not aware that the Photoshop and Photography contests are currently active.

I've noticed in the last few months that most Photoshop contests usually only have 4 or 5 contestants. Some who may make multiple entries. Also, usually only around 35 people are voting.

When Pxleyes "closed" around 5 years ago there were a large number of talented and creative active members. At that time I checked the forums for about 6 months to see if Pxleyes would re-open - finally, I moved on.

Four years later, I visited the site to find an effect I used on a SBS and was surprised that the Photoshop and Photography contests had resumed. If someone would have sent me an email that the contests were then active, I would have come back much sooner. It makes me wonder if there are others out there who would come back if they knew. We could use more talent and competition to improve the experience.
I understand your frustration, but having spoken with members who chose not to return, all I can say is they had valid reasons. You just can't put toothpaste back in the tube.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra

Return to PXLEyes Suggestions