need of confirmation

All suggestions to improve PXLEyes are welcome here.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:06 am
i don't know if there's already suggested this before but i'd like to tell and suggest an additional little work to all moderator.
A confirmation of every entry that it was checked by the moderator.
it's either a button below the entry saying "checked by moderator"
or a PM saying your entry bla!bla!bla! was checked by moderator. good luck!

So that the participant or the author of the entry will be comfortable to leave this entry till the contest end and nothing to worry about entry has been temporarily removed.

let me express my feelings!
my entry these week has been removed i thought that the external image that i used is okay because i used it before i'm very sad and disappointed about this. I posted it and leave because i have other work to do in my real life and i come back knowing it has removed. Shame on me for being comfortable that it can not be remove.

i apologize for my bad english, actually i have a lot of words to say but i'm trouble with it. hope you understand what im talking about.
hope this suggestion will be consider.
please confirm us that our work and external sources is checked.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:16 pm
I have thought of this too, however as I mod I know we are not perfect, and we sometimes miss things.
So an entry we have said was OK, later turns out not to be.
I feel an author would be even more upset, to see an entry getting OK to then have it reversed.
Vibeke
I would like to be an emerging talent! Instead of a submerging Dinosaur!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:27 pm
friiskiwi wrote:I have thought of this too, however as I mod I know we are not perfect, and we sometimes miss things.
So an entry we have said was OK, later turns out not to be.
I feel an author would be even more upset, to see an entry getting OK to then have it reversed.
Vibeke

I agree. I've had my share of entries removed. It's the author's responsibility to make sure he posts a valid entry. In my experience the mods are more than willing to help if there's a problem.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:26 pm
On face value it would seem that a confirmation that an entry was moderated seems like a good thing. However as friiskiwi points out things aren't always that simple. Many entries go well, sources check out and all seems correct. There are times when we may later discover the source may not be legitimate as does happen on occasion and often not the fault of the member. Images may be posted with a valid license on sites like Flickr but we may later find the source was a "googled" image or an image taken from another website and posted falsely by the Flickr author. Sometimes the source proves to be a photo taken of a poster or other image that is copyrighted and it's posted with a CC license also an illegal act. There are also cases where it is later found out that the entry itself is a plagiarized copy of another work by another artist. When these things occur we must act on the new information even if the entry was originally moderated as okay.
Thanks to Bob for his comment. He is quite right, you should learn to double check your own entries, even simple things like the links. Too often we have to send warnings just because the links don't work and that's so easy to check yourself. In spite of what some members seem to think mods would much rather help to save an entry than to remove it. It's better for Pxleyes to keep as many entries in the contests as possible and mods consider saving an entry from removal a victory. Always feel free to ask a mod for help if you aren't sure about a source or for any reason, that's important to us and we will do our best to help out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:30 am
Apart from anything else, if an entry is removed, you get a PM. In your setting you can set a flag so you will bet a email if you have a PM. I'm sure everybody/most people check their emails everyday, if not several times a day.
So removals should not be a last minute surprise. As a mod we really hate it when an entry that has been up for a few days get a red flag just before closing.
Vibeke
I would like to be an emerging talent! Instead of a submerging Dinosaur!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:37 pm
friiskiwi wrote:... As a mod we really hate it when an entry that has been up for a few days get a red flag just before closing.
Vibeke

A-Men to that! As Vibeke just said, last minute red-flags put us in a terrible position, especially if the entry has been up for a few days then members wait until closing or after closing even to red flag...if you wouldn't want it done to you, please don't do that to another member, there is NO WAY after the contests go into vote-only mode for a member to correct anything at that point.

On the other hand..contests close at 2000 Hrs GMT on Friday...if YOU wait until 1900 Hrs to post an entry, then, don't be surprised when you get a warning the following day and can't fix the problem and lose an entry. There is nothing we can do about that either...we all have 'other' lives too and most of us cannot be on 24-7.
Only a life lived for other is a life worth living - Albert Einstein
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:37 pm
macarhign, next time if you have some need for confirmation before publishing, try post your entry but check the publish later button. Then you can red flag your own entry and ask if a moderator could put a preliminary audit on it for you. Perhaps one would be gracious enough to respond via a MOD pm letting you know whether it looks publishable....Just a thought.
Trust your captain .... but keep your seatbelt securely fastened.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:15 pm
Loyd, we can't see unpublished entries, doesn't matter, if they are red flagged or not.
So that doesn't work :-)
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star.
Friedrich Nietzsche
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:32 pm
Lelaina wrote:Loyd, we can't see unpublished entries, doesn't matter, if they are red flagged or not.

Oooops! I thought Ya'll had a super mod console that alerted you to all red flags. b-)
Trust your captain .... but keep your seatbelt securely fastened.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:31 am
lchappell wrote:
Lelaina wrote:Loyd, we can't see unpublished entries, doesn't matter, if they are red flagged or not.

Oooops! I thought Ya'll had a super mod console that alerted you to all red flags. b-)

Nope...sorry, unlike Admin...we are not all knowing and all seeing...but, that's a secret X_X
We are in fact, just mere *choke* mortals... :(|)

(Don't tell anybody!) :)]
Only a life lived for other is a life worth living - Albert Einstein

Return to PXLEyes Suggestions