Revising the TP system

All suggestions to improve PXLEyes are welcome here.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:35 pm
I liked the old way of rewarding the top 7 places with the Talent Points... as it was before. Do not do away with that aspect, please. The idea of rewarding extra TP to those placing in the top 7 is a great addition to the system. With 65% as the benchmark for gaining those BONUS points. I do not think that arbitrarily awarding anything scoring better than 65% is really rewarding the outstanding works. Perhaps make it like before...top 7 entries (of course number of entries will always be a factor) Gain the normal TP, but those that place in the top 7 are the ONLY ones that will benefit from the "Bonus Points" system.
Trust your captain .... but keep your seatbelt securely fastened.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:53 pm
I think if we go with a complete revamp of the TP system, we should also reset levels, so that everyone scored their TP under the same system.

:AR!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:50 pm
Not quite sure how the TP has been calculated.

Is it based on the number of entries that score above 65% or some formula based on the average score of the members enties plus the over 65% with Top 3 % thrown in?

Whatever it is seems to mess with the old Top 7 getting points, which as Solkee says takes away from the competitiveness aspect of the site.

Awarding points to the Top 7 has been here since the old PST days an has seemed a fair thing to me.

The issue of Low numbers on entries could be handled by:

Top 3 gain TP if there are less than 7 entries
Top 5 gain TP if the entries are between 7 and 15
Top 7 gain TP if over 15 entries

The over 65% then could be a bonus for the Top places which score above that. Using say 1/2 of the 7th place TP seems an appropriate number in my mind with the contest level taken into account.

This way a contest where you score 65% in a level 15 contest will get you a little more TP than scoring 65% in a level 5 contest.

In contests where a number of entires score above the 65%, but out of the Top 3, 5 or 7 places the only the token bonus should apply.

This would keep the competive nature of finishing in the Top few places earning TP for placing in the top, as well as acknowledge entires scoring above the 65%.
Why is everything always in the last place you look?

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:20 pm
Alan2641 wrote:Not quite sure how the TP has been calculated.

Is it based on the number of entries that score above 65% or some formula based on the average score of the members enties plus the over 65% with Top 3 % thrown in?

Whatever it is seems to mess with the old Top 7 getting points, which as Solkee says takes away from the competitiveness aspect of the site.

Awarding points to the Top 7 has been here since the old PST days an has seemed a fair thing to me.

The issue of Low numbers on entries could be handled by:

The over 65% then could be a bonus for the Top places which score above that. Using say 1/2 of the 7th place TP seems an appropriate number in my mind with the contest level taken into account.

This way a contest where you score 65% in a level 15 contest will get you a little more TP than scoring 65% in a level 5 contest.

In contests where a number of entires score above the 65%, but out of the Top 3, 5 or 7 places the only the token bonus should apply.

This would keep the competive nature of finishing in the Top few places earning TP for placing in the top, as well as acknowledge entires scoring above the 65%.

Good idea...
What do others think?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:29 pm
Seems okay to me.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:32 pm
All in all this sounds fair to me. The categories such as 3D and Drawing and those that participate, will be affected the most. Hopefully awarding some Bonus TP to the entries that actually place in the Top 7/5/3 for a higher than usual score will generate more quality.
Trust your captain .... but keep your seatbelt securely fastened.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:02 pm
Sounds fine
I would like to be an emerging talent! Instead of a submerging Dinosaur!!!

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:27 pm
Ok, I've created a solution that takes into account ranking and score. It works as follows:

The Top 7 keeps earning the same TP as always, except when there are too few entries. I've used Alan's suggestion for this, as follows:

Then, for the score... All entries above 65% will be rewarded with a (small) amount of bonus TP.
This amount is simple to calculate: ENTRY SCORE minus 65. This means the max BONUS TP = 35 (when an entry scores 100%)

Will be in effect today! Hopefully this solution is good for everyone :)

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:29 pm
You can also see the Talent Points earned on the entry itself now... Below the entry, after the score.
Previous

Return to PXLEyes Suggestions