New Look

All suggestions to improve PXLEyes are welcome here.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:47 pm
I love this site, could even say I'm obsessed. However lately I have been less enthusiastic.
I really don't like the look or the desire with having everything so clean and tidy. I go to a lot of trouble trying to supply good photographs. So to have the squashed or cropped in a way I never intended them to be is very disappointing.
If people happen onto the site, looking for Photographic contests are they going to say, what a tidy site, lets join, or what a lot of bad photographers, lets go somewhere else.
The latest square look is slightly better than the squashed look, but only marginally so.
One solution could be to put the entries in a box as below.

suggested-thumb.jpg
suggested-thumb.jpg (34.61 KiB) Viewed 6819 times

I'm all for improving the site, but this has not been an improvement as far as I'm concerned.
Vibeke
I would like to be an emerging talent! Instead of a submerging Dinosaur!!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:26 pm
friiskiwi wrote:I love this site, could even say I'm obsessed. However lately I have been less enthusiastic.
I really don't like the look or the desire with having everything so clean and tidy. I go to a lot of trouble trying to supply good photographs. So to have the squashed or cropped in a way I never intended them to be is very disappointing.
If people happen onto the site, looking for Photographic contests are they going to say, what a tidy site, lets join, or what a lot of bad photographers, lets go somewhere else.
The latest square look is slightly better than the squashed look, but only marginally so.
One solution could be to put the entries in a box as below.

suggested-thumb.jpg

I'm all for improving the site, but this has not been an improvement as far as I'm concerned.
Vibeke

I have to agree. Distorting or cropping the thumbs makes no sense, and actually misrepresents the work to the viewer.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:27 am
I completely agree with CMYK and Friiskiwi. The thumbnail distortion is a misrepresentation to the viewer and looks very tacky. b-)
Life is too short...It's the longest thing you'll ever do
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:02 am
Yep, like they all said

"Remember what the Dormouse said..." Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:26 pm
And here I thought it was just my declining eye-sight. Well until it is corrected the hi res is the only fair way to judge.

It does need to be changed back as I also noticed the previews of sources are distorted.
Why is everything always in the last place you look?
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:45 pm
This new look / layout is causing my settings to be ignored. For example...I do not wish to see all of the newly published photo's ( no offense to the photog's) My interest's are checked in the settings as photoshop, drawing and 3D. It seems that now i am being bombarded with all the new photographs. /:)
Trust your captain .... but keep your seatbelt securely fastened.
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:58 pm
lchappell wrote:This new look / layout is causing my settings to be ignored. For example...I do not wish to see all of the newly published photo's ( no offense to the photog's) My interest's are checked in the settings as photoshop, drawing and 3D. It seems that now i am being bombarded with all the new photographs. /:)

Seems to be happening to everyone.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:41 pm
then-and-now-2.jpg
then-and-now-2.jpg (136.93 KiB) Viewed 6599 times

I like to have an overlook of the photos to compare them, that is no longer possible.
have a look at Then and Now
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:31 am
friiskiwi wrote:
then-and-now-2.jpg

I like to have an overlook of the photos to compare them, that is no longer possible.
have a look at Then and Now

Believe it or not, many of us only have a passing interest in the photography contests. This doesn't mean your complaint isn't valid. Regardless, the proportions of the thumbnails on the sideboard continue to misrepresent the images because they are not to scale. Mr. Monty, would you care to explain this?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:40 am
Believe it or not, many of us only have a passing interest in the photography contests.

I thought the same would apply to Photoshopped images, #d and drawings.
Next

Return to PXLEyes Suggestions