Question about 'Commercial Use'

Ask all your questions about PXLEyes here.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:05 pm
Hey Guys,
I was wondering if a stock image on a website such as deviantart, says it it for use offsite but NOT for 'commercial' use, does that mean I can't use it in a contest on pxleyes or can I?

Thanks and any helps is appreciated!
Last edited by Toothpick134 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:20 pm
First: please do not tell us what you are planning to do! This could compromise the anonymity and may result in removal of your entry. If you have a question in which you feel you should tell: contact a mod by PM.

To your original question: entries at PXL are not considered to be commercial (even if you can win a cash prize with that contest), so regarding to that you are safe to use it.
Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:21 pm
robvdn wrote:First: please do not tell us what you are planning to do! This could compromise the anonymity and may result in removal of your entry.

To your original question: entries at PXL are not considered to be commercial (even if you can win a cash prize with that contest), so regarding to that you are safe to use it.

Thanks alot! I'll try and remove this post so I don't get in trouble thanks for pointing this out!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:23 pm
Just edit your post but leave the original question, it can help someone else.
Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:33 pm
robvdn wrote:Just edit your post but leave the original question, it can help someone else.

Yeah just did that, again thanks for the help :)

Return to PXLEyes Questions