Voting in contests

Ask all your questions about PXLEyes here.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:14 pm
Im very new here so please excuse my lack of knowlege. I have noticed that in some entries for the competitions there are more votes than there are views by quite a bit in some cases. Does this have to do with the voting power of the individuals viewing the entry?

thanks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:13 pm
Yes, you can build up votepower by voting a lot, this could mean that you get a maximum of 5000 votepower, which equals 50 votes.
Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:45 pm
What are the different percentages for? Would 50% be equal to 50% of my vote? I am new to this kind of voting system.
Thanks,
Will
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:55 am
Basically it's very straightforward, the voting scale 0f 0% to 100% is used worldwide to rate anything that can be evaluated, from tests you take in school to contests like ours where you rate the entry based on various factors. I vote mainly on Photoshop contests because that's my main interest and I vote carefully and examine the work considering many different aspects and how well they contribute to the final work.

I consider 50% my starting point when evaluating, I look to see the work done, was the masking/silo work clean? Is the composition good? I also look for Color, Originality, use of the source or interpretation of the theme and lastly the final appeal or do I like the image? That isn't always as important to me as the combined value of the other factors to consider. I rarely vote lower than 45%. 55-60% is a fairly good entry, 65-70% a really good entry, 75% and more an excellent entry. I never vote 100% because realistically no entry is perfect.

You'll find a forum post about voting here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5669
This post will give you an idea of how some members vote and what they consider important. There is no hard and fast rule as to how you should vote, it's up to you how to vote but you'll get a better understanding what others think if you read the post.
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:41 pm
spaceranger wrote:Basically it's very straightforward, the voting scale 0f 0% to 100% is used worldwide to rate anything that can be evaluated, from tests you take in school to contests like ours where you rate the entry based on various factors. I vote mainly on Photoshop contests because that's my main interest and I vote carefully and examine the work considering many different aspects and how well they contribute to the final work.

I consider 50% my starting point when evaluating, I look to see the work done, was the masking/silo work clean? Is the composition good? I also look for Color, Originality, use of the source or interpretation of the theme and lastly the final appeal or do I like the image? That isn't always as important to me as the combined value of the other factors to consider. I rarely vote lower than 45%. 55-60% is a fairly good entry, 65-70% a really good entry, 75% and more an excellent entry. I never vote 100% because realistically no entry is perfect.

You'll find a forum post about voting here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5669
This post will give you an idea of how some members vote and what they consider important. There is no hard and fast rule as to how you should vote, it's up to you how to vote but you'll get a better understanding what others think if you read the post.

I agree, 55- 60 is a decent vote. Consider the believable aspects, good shadows and lighting. Technique, such as masking/blending efforts. Of course it's artistic appeal will always matter.
Trust your captain .... but keep your seatbelt securely fastened.

Return to PXLEyes Questions